Shannon L. Novey
Ms. Novey is a 1999 honors graduate of the Florida State University College of Law. Since joining Novey Law in 2007, she has applied her prior experience in corporate financial and regulatory transactions to complex family matters relating to property division, alimony, and custody and support of children. In 2012, she was recognized for her expertise, becoming board certified by the Florida Bar in marital and family law. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Prior to joining Novey Law, she was an Assistant Chief Counsel with the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, representing the agency's interests across the country in corporate reorganizations under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code and in ERISA litigation.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The Florida Bar - Family Law Section - Certification Committee
- Adjunct Professon - FSU College of Law 2015
- The Florida Bar - Family Law Section - Mentor
- Tallahassee Women Lawyers
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court - 2008-Present
- William H. Stafford American Inn of Court - Master Lawyer - 2014-Present
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers - Fellow
- The Best Lawyers® in America, 2014-2016 Tallahassee Family Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Best Lawyers® in America, 2013-2016
- Super Lawyers®, 2015
- Florida Legal Elite, 2013-2016
- Florida State University, J.D., 1999 - Graduated with Honors
- Florida State University, B.A., 1991
- Florida Bar Association 1999
- District of Columbia Bar 2002
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Florida Family Law Practice Class (Florida State University), Adjunct Professor, 2015
- Thompson Revisited: Recent Developments in Understanding and Valuing Enterprise vs. Personal Goodwill (American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers), 2014
- Presentation of "You Say it Best When You Say Nothing at All: Drafting, Defending and Attacking Prenuptial Agreements After Hahamovitch"
- "CPA Expert Witnesses, Beware - Say Goodby To Frye, BonJour To Daubert" Co-Authored with Larry Houff, CPA Published in Nov/Dec 2013 CPA Today (this article can be found here: http://www.rebowe.com/CPA%20Expert%20Witnesses%20Article%20FICPA%20-%20Houff.pdf)